About 20,000 Carbon Monoxide detectors have been recalled after it was discovered that they fail to alert owners when they need to be replaced, according to recent new sources.
The recalled products, CO 1224T Carbon Monoxide (CO) detectors, were made by ADT Security Sevices Inc. of Boca Raton, Florida. Carbon Monoxide detectors should alert the owner when they are coming to the end of their life, as well as sending a signal to ADT’s alarm monitoring center. However, some of the products are not properly wired, which means neither the ADT center nor the consumer are made aware of the product no longer functioning. This could lead to a poisoning hazard.
No injuries have been reported in relation to this recall at this time. The products were sold between October 2008 and December 2010 as a part of home security installations.
If you have one of these alarms, you can contact ADT for a free inspection and free repair. ADT has contacted all customers affected by this recall.
The Los Angeles wrongful death lawyer at our law firm believes that consumer safety should be the number one priority of product manufacturers. We know that even with all of the rules and regulations imposed upon product manufacturers, things can still go wrong and sometimes companies even put profit before safety. If you or a loved one has been affected by a defective product, please do not hesitate to call a product liability lawyer right away. The longer you wait the more chance you have of losing evidence for your potential product liability case.