Ryan Casey is a senior trial attorney at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, focusing his practice on litigating large and complex personal injury, wrongful death and product defect cases on behalf of injured individuals and consumers. Licensed to practice in California, Nevada, and Arizona, Mr. Casey handles cases throughout each state, as well as other jurisdictions around the country.
Since joining the firm in January of 2011, Mr. Casey has handled a number of complex cases involving trucking collisions, auto collisions, construction site injuries, industrial injuries, product liability actions, recreational sporting injuries, and multiple other types of serious injury cases. He takes great pride in diligently representing his clients in these cases and helping them through some of the most difficult times of their lives. As a result, Mr. Casey has obtained numerous significant and favorable results through trial or settlement for his clients— successfully recovering hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients in lawsuits against negligent individuals, public entities, and corporations, including the manufacturers and distributors of dangerous products.
Some of Mr. Casey’s results include:
- a $5,000,000 verdict + punitive damages in Maricopa County, Arizona for the parents of a 22-year-old man killed by a big rig whose driver had fallen asleep at the wheel and rear-ended the SUV driven by decedent.
- a $8,375,000 settlement for a family of four who suffered serious injuries after their minivan was violently rear-ended at 55mph by a trucking company tractor trailer.
- a $2,500,000 settlement for the parents and daughter of Jose Martinez, a mentally ill man who was shot and killed by Los Angeles County Sheriff officers who had been called to his home after a report of an assault.
- a policy limit $1,000,000 settlement for a motorcycle rider who was severely injured when a semi-truck made an illegal U-turn and caused a collision.
- a $1,100,000 settlement on behalf of a young student in San Diego who was severely injured when she fell through a skylight at a roof top party she was attending.
- a $6,750,000 settlement against a tire manufacturer in San Bernardino for a family that was severely injured when their vehicle was struck by another truck that had suffered a tire failure.
- a $1,850,000 settlement in Los Angeles County for the parents of a child who was struck and killed while crossing the street in a dangerous intersection where a crosswalk had been improperly removed.
- a $2,200,000 settlement for a truck driver who was severely injured in Arizona when the tractor he was a passenger in overturned and was struck by another tractor trailer driver that was negligently attempting an unsafe passing maneuver.
- a $3,000,000 settlement for a longshoreman in Hawaii who had been severely injured by a shipping company’s negligence while he was on the job.
- a $2,400,000 settlement in Federal Court in central California for two young children who lost their father in a trucking collision caused by a truck driver’s negligence.
- a $7,200,000 settlement for four children whose mother was killed when the car in which she was a passenger in was rear-ended by a San Bernardino County Sheriff.
- a policy limits $6,100,000 settlement on behalf of an elderly plaintiff who was struck at night in an unmarked crosswalk by a Rancho Santa Fe security guard causing her extensive injuries, including multiple fractures and a traumatic brain injury.
- Mr. Casey was trial counsel with Brian Panish and Tom A. Schultz in the matter of Sheth v. Schneider National Carriers, Inc. The Sheths were passengers in a vehicle when they were struck by a big rig and crashed into a median causing severe spinal injuries to Mrs. Sheth. After a month long jury trial, a Riverside County Superior Court jury awarded the Sheths $36,482,302.56. Schneider National offered Plaintiffs $250,000 before trial. The verdict is believed to be the largest personal injury verdict in Riverside County history.
- Mr. Casey and Rahul Ravipudi obtained a favorable confidential settlement on behalf of a client who stopped a runaway horse from crashing into a group of children at a horse show and was seriously injured in the process. Also in 2012, Mr. Casey, Spencer Lucas and Adam Shea obtained a considerable confidential settlement on behalf of a family who were struck head-on by a negligent truck driver and suffered serious life altering injuries.
- after obtaining terminating sanctions for destruction of evidence by the defendant, Mr. Casey and Rahul Ravipudi obtained a significant confidential settlement on behalf of a client who was knocked down by a delivery man in a grocery store and suffered serious injuries.
Mr. Casey is recognized as a 2023 Southern California Super Lawyer, and was previously recognized by Super Lawyers as a Southern California Rising Star from 2013 to 2022 – an honor awarded to the top 2.5% of lawyers in the Southern California area under 40 years of age, and selected by Super Lawyers for inclusion as an Up-and-Coming 100: Southern California Rising Star from 2019-2022. Mr. Casey is also recognized and featured among the Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of plaintiff’s personal injury litigation and plaintiff’s product liability litigation.
A member of the State Bar of California, the State Bar of Arizona, the Nevada State Bar, and the United States District Court for the Central and Eastern District of California, Mr. Casey is an active member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Consumers Attorneys of California, Los Angeles County Bar Association and Beverly Hills Bar Association, Santa Monica Bar Association, American Association of Justice and American Bar Association.
Mr. Casey graduated cum laude from the University of California Los Angeles with majors in Political Science and History before attending Loyola Law School in Los Angeles. While at Loyola Law School, he was a member of the Loyola National Trial Advocacy team and was awarded the Karl Seuthe award for excellence in trial advocacy.
When he’s not actively representing his clients and their interests, Mr. Casey enjoys spending time with his family and being active himself — playing sports such as baseball and golf, hiking with his dog, going to the beach and chasing his son around the house. He loves to cook and enjoys entertaining friends and family. He is a fan and supporter of UCLA sports, the Lakers, Dodgers, Angels and Rams.