Ryan Casey is a trial attorney at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, focusing his practice on litigating large and complex personal injury, wrongful death and product defect cases on behalf of injured individuals and consumers. Licensed to practice law in both California and Arizona, Mr. Casey handles cases throughout both states, as well as other jurisdictions around the country.
Since joining the firm, Mr. Casey has handled complex factual cases involving trucking collisions, auto collisions, construction site injuries, industrial injuries, product liability actions, recreational sporting injuries, and multiple other types of serious injury cases. In these cases, Mr. Casey has obtained favorable results through trial or settlement — successfully recovering hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients in lawsuits against negligent individuals, public entities, and corporations, including the manufacturers and distributors of dangerous products.
Some of Mr. Casey’s results include:
- In 2019, Mr. Casey, Adam Shea and Nicholas Yoka obtained a $5,000,000 verdict + punitive damages in Maricopa County, Arizona for the parents of a 22-year-old man killed by a big rig whose driver had fallen asleep at the wheel and rear-ended the SUV driven by decedent.
- In 2018, Mr. Casey and Adam Shea obtained a $8,375,000 settlement for a family of four who suffered serious injuries after their minivan was violently rear-ended at 55mph by a trucking company tractor trailer.
- In 2018, Mr. Casey and Adam Shea obtained a $2,500,000 settlement for the parents and daughter of Jose Martinez, a mentally ill man who was shot and killed by Los Angeles County Sheriff officers who had been called to his home after a report of an assault.
- In summer of 2017, Adam Shea and Mr. Casey obtained a policy limit $1,000,000 settlement for a motorcycle rider who was severely injured when a semi-truck made an illegal U-turn and caused a collision.
- In April of 2017, Mr. Casey and Adam Shea obtained a $1,100,000 settlement on behalf of a young student in San Diego who was severely injured when she fell through a skylight at a roof top party she was attending.
- In October of 2016, Mr. Casey and Adam Shea obtained a $6,750,000 settlement against a tire manufacturer in San Bernardino for a family that was severely injured when their vehicle was struck by another truck that had suffered a tire failure.
- In August of 2016, Mr. Casey and Adam Shea obtained a $1,850,000 settlement in Los Angeles County for the parents of a child who was struck and killed while crossing the street in a dangerous intersection where a crosswalk had been improperly removed.
- In April of 2016, Mr. Casey and Adam Shea obtained a $2,200,000 settlement for a truck driver who was severely injured in Arizona when the tractor he was a passenger in overturned and was struck by another tractor trailer driver that was negligently attempting an unsafe passing maneuver.
- In October of 2015, Adam Shea and Mr. Casey obtained a $3,000,000 settlement for a longshoreman in Hawaii who had been severely injured by a shipping company’s negligence while he was on the job.
- In February of 2015, Mr. Casey and Adam Shea obtained a $2,400,000 settlement in Federal Court in central California for two young children who lost their father in a trucking collision caused by a truck driver’s negligence.
- In September 2014, Adam Shea and Mr. Casey obtained a $7,200,000 settlement for four children whose mother was killed when the car in which she was a passenger in was rear-ended by a San Bernardino County Sheriff.
- In April 2014, Mr. Casey and Tom A. Schultz helped obtain a policy limits $6,100,000 settlement on behalf of an elderly plaintiff who was struck at night in an unmarked crosswalk by a Rancho Santa Fe security guard causing her extensive injuries, including multiple fractures and a traumatic brain injury.
- In June 2012, Mr. Casey was trial counsel with Brian Panish and Tom A. Schultz in the matter of Sheth v. Schneider National Carriers, Inc. The Sheths were passengers in a vehicle when they were struck by a big rig and crashed into a median causing severe spinal injuries to Mrs. Sheth. After a month long jury trial, a Riverside County Superior Court jury awarded the Sheths $36,482,302.56. Schneider National offered Plaintiffs $250,000 before trial. The verdict is believed to be the largest personal injury verdict in Riverside County history.
- In 2012, Mr. Casey and Rahul Ravipudi obtained a favorable confidential settlement on behalf of a client who stopped a runaway horse from crashing into a group of children at a horse show and was seriously injured in the process. Also in 2012, Mr. Casey, Spencer Lucas and Adam Shea obtained a considerable confidential settlement on behalf of a family who were struck head-on by a negligent truck driver and suffered serious life altering injuries.
- In 2011, after obtaining terminating sanctions for destruction of evidence by the defendant, Mr. Casey and Rahul Ravipudi obtained a significant confidential settlement on behalf of a client who was knocked down by a delivery man in a grocery store and suffered serious injuries.
From 2013 to present, Mr. Casey has been named by Super Lawyers as a Southern California Rising Star – an honor awarded to the top 2.5% of lawyers in the Southern California area under 40 years of age – as well as selected by Super Lawyers for inclusion as an Up-and-Coming 100: Southern California Rising Star since 2019. Mr. Casey is also recognized and featured among the Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of plaintiff’s personal injury litigation.
A member of the State Bar of California, the State Bar of Arizona, and the United States District Court for the Central and Eastern District of California, Mr. Casey is an active member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Consumers Attorneys of California, Los Angeles County Bar Association and Beverly Hills Bar Association, Santa Monica Bar Association, American Association of Justice and American Bar Association.
Mr. Casey graduated cum laude from the University of California Los Angeles with majors in Political Science and History before attending Loyola Law School in Los Angeles. While at Loyola Law School, he was a member of the Loyola National Trial Advocacy team and was awarded the Karl Seuthe award for excellence in trial advocacy.
When he’s not actively representing his clients and their interests, Mr. Casey enjoys being active himself — playing softball, baseball and golf, and spending time with his dogs. He has also participated annually in the Run for Justice 5k, associated with the Los Angeles Marathon, to raise money in support of Public Counsel.