Fresno Wrongful Death AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Nobody should ever have to experience the loss of a loved one due to the negligent or intentional actions of another individual or entity. At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi, our team is here to help if you need a Fresno wrongful death attorney by your side. We understand the complexities of these claims, and our compassionate team wants to make sure that you and your family are properly cared for every step of the way.
Why Turn to Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi for a Wrongful Death Claim?
- We make sure that clients are put first every time, which means we will listen to your story as we help your family get through this difficult situation.
- At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi, we understand the challenges that families face when going up against other parties, and we want to make sure that we handle all of this on your behalf.
- We take wrongful death cases in Fresno on a contingency fee basis. This means your family does not have to worry about paying legal fees until we are successful with your claim.
How Quickly do You Have to File a Wrongful Death Claim in Fresno?
When we examine California law, CCP Section 377.60, we can see that the wrongful death statute of limitations is typically two years from the date of a person’s death. There are some exceptions to this overall time frame that could extend the limit, but we strongly encourage you to work with an attorney to ensure that your claim is filed on time.
Please note that if there are any insurance carriers involved in the case, they likely have their own reporting deadlines that you need to be aware of. For example, auto insurance carriers typically require that a crash be reported within a few days after the incident occurs, or they could delay or deny the claim.
Who is Allowed to File a Wrongful Death Case?
The law in California allows certain heirs of the deceased to seek damages through a wrongful death claim. Some of the parties that may be able to file a claim include the following:
- The spouse or domestic partner of the deceased
- The children of the deceased
- The grandchildren of a deceased child of the decedent
In the event any of these individuals are not able to file a wrongful death claim, any person who would have been entitled to the decedent’s property through intestate succession would be able to file the wrongful death claim. Understanding who can file a wrongful death claim in these situations can be confusing, but we encourage you to reach out to an attorney who can assist you moving forward.
Contact a Fresno Wrongful Death Attorney Today
If you have lost somebody that you love due to the negligence of another individual or entity in the Fresno area, turn to the team at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi for help immediately. Our compassionate attorneys want to make sure that you know that there is an advocate by your side. We will investigate your claim and help your family recover the closure and compensation you deserve. When you need a Fresno wrongful death attorney, you can contact us by filling out our contact form or calling (310) 477-1700.