John W. Shaller is a trial attorney at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, specializing in litigating a wide variety of complex catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, and product defect cases on behalf of plaintiffs throughout California in both state and federal courts. Since joining the firm, Mr. Shaller has focused his practice on cases involving truck and auto collisions, product defects, dangerous conditions of public roadway and premises liability, and has successfully handled numerous catastrophic personal injury cases involving traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and wrongful death.
Mr. Shaller is dedicated to fighting for innocent victims and their families who have been seriously injured or killed by the negligent, reckless, or intentional conduct of other individuals or profit-driven companies. In working together with our clients to ensure they get maximum compensation for their injuries, his efforts have helped bring about exceptional results, including numerous seven-figure and eight-figure recoveries.
Most recently, Mr. Shaller was a member of the 2023 trial team that obtained a landmark $46,475,112.33 jury verdict for a beginning Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu student who suffered a catastrophic spinal cord injury while sparring with a Del Mar Jiu-Jitsu Club instructor who performed a technique on the young man which rendered him an incomplete quadriplegic.
Additional results obtained by Mr. Shaller include, but are not limited to:
- a $23,720,996 verdict for a Southern California man and his wife after the man suffered a lower leg amputation as a result of being struck by a 28-foot utility truck while riding his motorcycle.
- a $20,000,000 settlement for a man paralyzed in a bicycle accident in the City of San Diego.
- a $20,000,000 settlement for a bicyclist who sustained a brain injury after she was hit from behind by a vehicle.
- a $14.9 million settlement for a man who sustained a below the knee amputation in a motorcycle accident.
- a $8.25 million settlement for a young woman severely injured when she was struck by an SUV as she attempted to enter her vehicle.
- a $1,260,000 verdict in Riverside County Superior Court for the adult children of a 91-year-old man who was killed in a tour bus crash.
Prior to joining Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, Mr. Shaller worked at another consumer law firm in Los Angeles where he developed his skills as a plaintiff’s lawyer and gained recognition for passionately and successfully representing clients at both the trial and appellate court levels in a wide range of cases relating to serious personal injury, wrongful death, elder and dependent adult abuse and medical malpractice.
Recognized by the Super Lawyers publication as a Southern California Rising Star since 2015 and by Best Lawyers as a Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America since 2022, Mr. Shaller began his legal career as a criminal prosecutor at the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office, where he gained valuable trial experience and skill prosecuting cases involving domestic violence, elder abuse, and other misdemeanor crimes.
A graduate of Southern Methodist University and University of La Verne College of Law, Mr. Shaller is licensed to practice before all state and federal courts in the State of California and is a member of the State Bar of California, the American Association for Justice, and the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles.