Merced Wrongful Death AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
No family should have to go through losing a loved one alone. At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi, our compassionate team is here to help if you need a Merced wrongful death attorney. If your loved one lost their life due to the negligent actions of another individual or entity, we are here to help you recover closure and compensation. Do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our team for a free consultation today.
Choose Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi for Your Wrongful Death Claim?
- At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi, we offer compassionate assistance to families going through an incredibly difficult time in their lives, and we want to put you first every time.
- Our Merced wrongful death clients do not have to pay any legal fees until after we successfully recover compensation for their losses.
- We have the resources necessary to investigate complex wrongful death incidents in Merced, and we have no problem taking the claim all the way to trial if necessary.
Who Can File a Merced Wrongful Death Case?
Code of Civil Procedure 377.60 CCP lays out who can actually file a wrongful death claim in this state. In some areas around the country, the personal representative of the estate is responsible for filing the claim, but in California, the heirs of the deceased have this responsibility. The individuals allowed to file a wrongful death claim include:
- The surviving spouse or partner of the deceased
- The surviving children of the deceased
- Any grandchildren of a deceased child of the decedent
In the event these individuals are unable to file, any person who would have been entitled to property through intestate succession would be allowed to file a claim. This can include the surviving parents of the deceased, siblings of the deceased, as well as any person who was financially dependent upon the deceased at the time of their death.
Types of Compensation Your Attorney Will Help Get
There may be a range of economic and non-economic compensation available to surviving heirs of the deceased.
Economic damages for a wrongful death claim can include:
- Financial support the deceased would have provided during their lifetime (wage replacement)
- The loss of benefits or gifts the errors would have expected to receive (inheritance, health insurance, life insurance, etc.)
- Reasonable value of household services the deceased would have provided throughout their lifetime
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Any medical bills that accumulated from the time the incident occurred to the time of death
Non-economic damages for a wrongful death claim can include the more immeasurable types of losses that family members of the deceased likely experience. This can include the loss of the deceased’s protection, moral support, society, love, affection, and guidance. Additionally, spouses or partners of the deceased may be able to recover loss of control from damages, which revolves around the loss of sexual relations and intimacy with the loved one.
Call a Merced Wrongful Death Attorney Immediately
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent actions of another individual or company in the Merced area, reach out to the team at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi for help immediately. We want to help you and your family be properly cared for during this difficult time. Let us help you recover both the closure and compensation that you need to get through this. When you need a Merced wrongful death attorney, you can contact us by filling out our contact form or calling (310) 477-1700.