Los Angeles MetroLink & Train Accident LawyersRequest Free Consultation
What To Do If You Or a Loved One Was a Passenger Involved in the February 24, 2015 Oxnard Metrolink Train Crash To Preserve Your Legal Rights
View Our Landmark MetroLink & Train Accident Cases ▸
The Los Angeles train accident attorneys of Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP have been involved in every major train crash litigation over the last twenty years and have obtained numerous multi-million dollar settlements and awards for clients who lost loved ones or who were seriously injured in a train accident, including those crashes involving Metrolink and Amtrak trains.
Train accidents are amongst the most dangerous types of transportation accidents a person can survive. Railroad accidents may involve freight or passenger trains, locomotives, subways, or local commuter train systems. Due to the speeds that the passenger cars travel and the lack of protection typical train seating affords its passengers, the end result of train accidents very often catastrophic injury and very often, death.
The Los Angeles personal injury attorneys at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP have extensive experience handling — and leading — complex cases involving the complicated laws that govern railroad and train accidents.
Our firm attorneys have been members of the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee in the Chatsworth Metrolink Train Crash (in which 25 people were killed and more than 100 injured), the Placentia Metrolink Train Crash and the Glendale Metrolink Train Derailment. This means we were in charge of directing the litigation for the plaintiffs.
In the Chatsworth Metrolink Train Crash, Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP represented eleven people who were injured in the September 12, 2009, Chatsworth Metrolink disaster and the families of three people who were killed in the crash. In July 2011, firm clients were awarded $33,655,000 out of the $200,000,000 available to the more than 100 claimants – more than any other law firm.
In 2011, the firm obtained a $17,000,000 verdict for the mother of a blind man who was killed when he fell between the gap between two LACMTA rail cars and was crushed to death when the train moved. (Cuthbertson v. LACMTA)
Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP has a strong record of recovering significant verdicts and settlements for its clients. Our attorneys have won the largest verdict in American legal history; the largest defective tire verdict in the United States; and the largest verdict ever awarded against the City and County of San Francisco. In fact, we have won more than 300 verdicts or settlements of $1,000,000 or more, including several substantial train accident verdicts.
For more information on our unparalleled experience in the arena of Railroad and Metrolink Train Crash law call our offices at 877-800-1700
Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP Train Accident Articles
- Chatsworth Train Wreck Survivor
- Lawyers Blame Engineer in 2005 Metrolink Train Crash
- In first court papers, Metrolink denies liability for Sept. 12 fatal crash
- Calif. commuter train in crash; minor injuries
- Rail agency sues contractor over L.A. collision
- After the train wreck in L.A., a train wreck in court
- Liability cap could be tested in deadly Metrolink crash
- Glendale Metrolink Train Derailment – Janovici v. Metrolink
- Placentia Metrolink Train Crash – Sorensen v. Metrolink
Train Crash Verdicts & Settlements
- $17,000,000 Cuthbertson v. LACMTA
- $6,500,000 Landis v. Metrolink
- $5,750,000 Watts v. Metrolink
- $5,000,000 Janovici v. LACMTA
- $4,200,000 Aiken v. Metrolink
- $4,200,000 Lintner v. Metrolink
- $4,000,000 Tiu v. Metrolink
- $4,000,000 Mill v. Metrolink
- $2,700,000 Sorenson v. Burlington N. Santa Fe Railroad
- $1,500,000 Fetchet v. Metrolink