Modesto Wrongful Death AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
If you have lost somebody that you love due to the negligent actions of another individual, company, or entity in Modesto or the surrounding areas, you need to work with an attorney as soon as possible. At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi, our Modesto wrongful death attorney will offer compassionate assistance as your family goes through this difficult time. Our goal was to make sure that you recover compensation and closure for your loss.
Why Turn to Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi for a Wrongful Death Claim?
- At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi, we believe in helping to secure closure and compensation for families who lose a loved one.
- We have extensive resources at our disposal that we will use to make sure that your claim is investigated and that we are fully prepared to take on the other parties.
- Your family does not have to worry about paying legal fees right away. You only pay legal fees if we successfully recover compensation for the loss of your loved one.
Wrongful Death Claims Arise in Various Ways in Modesto
Wrongful death claims arise in various ways. When a person loses their life due to the negligence of another, a wrongful death lawsuit should be pursued by the surviving family members. Some of the most common ways that these claims arise include incidents involving:
- Traditional vehicle accidents
- Commercial truck or bus accidents
- Motorcycle collisions
- Pedestrian or bicycle accidents
- Defective products
- Premises liability incidents
- Airplane or aircraft accidents
- Intentional acts of violence
These types of cases are separate from any criminal case brought against an individual responsible for causing the loss of life. Wrongful death claims happen in civil court, and they can be filed against an individual regardless of whether or not they face criminal charges for the incident. Even if a person is found not guilty for a death in a criminal case, they can still face liability through a civil wrongful death claim.
Will Your Family be Entitled to Compensation?
Family members are often able to recover a wide range of compensation for their losses. This includes economic and non-economic losses.
Economic losses revolve around the calculable expenses the family is likely to incur due to the death. This can include:
- Wages that the deceased would have provided throughout their lifetime had they lived
- Any benefits, such as life insurance and health insurance, the deceased would have provided
- The reasonable value of household services the deceased would have provided during their lifetime (house maintenance, lawn work, laundry, etc.)
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Any medical bills accumulated from the time the incident occurred to the time of death
Non-economic losses are in a different category, and these revolve around more immeasurable expenses that family members are likely to endure. This includes the loss of time that the individual heirs are no longer able to spend with the deceased. We seek compensation for things like loss of companionship, love, society, comfort, and guidance. For spouses and domestic partners, we seek compensation for loss of consortium, which includes the loss of intimacy and sexual relations.
Contact a Merced Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
No one should ever have to handle a wrongful death claim by themselves. At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi, we are standing by to help if you need a Modesto wrongful death attorney by your side. We know that these claims can be incredibly challenging, particularly for those who do not have legal experience. Our compassionate attorneys want to assist you in recovering compensation and closure for what you have been through. You can contact us by filling out our contact form or calling (310) 477-1700.