Henderson Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident can happen at any time and for a variety of different reasons, and it can forever change your life and the lives of your loved ones. Your priority immediately after being involved in a serious car accident in Henderson, NV, should be your health and safety and the health and safety of everyone else involved.
After that, you should turn your attention to contacting an experienced Nevada car accident lawyer who can help you protect your interest and preserve your right to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
At Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP, we pursue car accident claims aggressively on behalf of our clients. We understand the struggles that some car accident victims may face in trying to recover compensation for their losses.
We have recovered billions in verdicts and settlements for past clients. We successfully defend our clients against unfair practices employed by insurance companies and will fight to get you the highest possible compensation that you deserve.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents often result in devastating injuries and death. The most common injuries that victims sustain in car accidents are as follows:
- Contusions and Bruises – soft tissue injuries that usually resolve themselves over a few days. Be sure to take photos of these injuries immediately after an accident.
- Whiplash – this comes from the body being thrown back and forth due to the force of the sudden impact. Whiplash involves strains to ligaments and muscles that are difficult to diagnose and treat.
- Neck and Back Injuries – the neck and back can break or be sprained. Discs in the spinal column can become herniated or ruptured. Severe injuries of this type can cause paralysis.
- Concussions – this type of injury comes from the brain being slammed against the inside wall of the skull or from being struck in the head.
- Traumatic Brain injury – a traumatic brain injury is more severe than a concussion and may create lifelong problems.
- Broken Bones – any bone in the body can break. Multiple fractures are not uncommon in serious car accidents.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding can go undetected and can be life-threatening.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – symptoms might include being frightened of driving or certain sounds and images or experiencing sleeping problems and nightmares due to anxiety.
It is essential to seek medical care after an accident, even if you feel all right. The adrenaline rush that often accompanies an accident may mask the symptoms of a severe injury.
Always get a full checkup from a licensed healthcare provider after any car accident. Then consult with an experienced Henderson personal injury attorney to protect your right to compensation and explore your options.
Compensation For My Henderson Car Accident
Compensation for a car accident in Nevada is based on fault. Under Nevada law, the party responsible for causing the car accident must compensate you for your medical treatment, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses, and other damages.
Drivers in Nevada are required to carry auto liability insurance in the following minimum amounts:
- $25,000 for bodily injury coverage per person, per accident;
- $50,000 for bodily injury coverage per accident; and
- $20,000 for property damage coverage per accident
These minimum coverages are required to cover damages a driver might cause to other motorists, passengers, and pedestrians.
Other Sources of Compensation For a Henderson Car Accident
When you are injured in a car accident, there are often multiple sources of insurance, other than the at-fault driver’s liability coverage, that you could recover from:
First, unless you signed a waiver when you purchased your own auto insurance, you may have coverage that is called uninsured/underinsured motorist (UI/UIM). This type of insurance will cover losses resulting from an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver, up to your coverage limits.
Secondly, your auto insurance policy may include medical payments coverage (medpay) through your auto insurance provider. Though drivers in Nevada are not required to carry medpay, it can come in very handy when involved in a car accident resulting in injuries. Medpay will pay for your medical expenses after a car accident regardless of fault. In other words, medpay will pay you benefits even if you caused the accident. Medpay will also cover any of your passengers injured in the accident, regardless of fault.
How Will a Henderson Car Accident Attorney Help My Case?
- Evaluating Your Case – An experienced Henderson car accident lawyer from Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP can appropriately evaluate your case and determine what it is worth. Unless you have handled hundreds of these cases, you have no way of determining whether the liable insurance company is taking advantage of you.
- Submitting Your Claim – Submitting your injury claim involves more than simply collecting and sending your medical bills. Most cases require the preparation of a detailed demand package that fully covers both the liability issues and the nature and extent of your injuries and damages. For example, this may require reports from experts, doctors, economists, and rehabilitation specialists.
- Advocacy – An experienced car accident lawyer that has handled hundreds of car accident claims and cases can appropriately advocate and negotiate your case with the insurance company.
- Subrogation – An experienced personal injury lawyer can identify the obligations you may have with regard to reimbursing your medical insurance company for the medical bills it has paid in connection with your accident. This area of law, called subrogation, can be quite complicated.
- Avoiding Mistakes – After accepting a settlement, you cannot turn back the clock and do it over. There are dozens of mistakes that you can make while pursuing a car accident claim that you could never anticipate unless you have handled hundreds of injury cases like yours. Once you have made any of these mistakes, you will be taken advantage of by the insurance companies and their adjusters and lawyers, and you and your family will be left uncompensated for your serious injuries and damages.
A serious car accident injury claim is far too important to be left to chance. It needs to be done right. If you are not sure whether your claim is one that you can handle yourself, or if you need legal representation, give our injury lawyers a call to discuss your case for free and with no obligation at all.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in Henderson, Nevada
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in Henderson, NV, hiring the right car accident attorney can be the difference between being fully compensated for all of your injuries and financial losses, or not.
At Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP, our car accident attorneys have a history of success handling car accident cases throughout the state of Nevada, and we can help ensure that you recover all the compensation to which you are entitled.
Call us today to arrange a free, no-obligation consultation. There is no upfront cost, and you will pay us nothing until and unless we recover compensation for you and your family.