Henderson Product Liability Lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured by a defective product, you may have a cause of action against the manufacturer, and maybe even the retailer, who was responsible for placing that product in the marketplace.
Sadly, defective products often result in permanent, disabling injuries. These injuries not only cause pain and suffering, but they also cause you to have mounting medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional distress.
If you or a loved one was injured or killed as a result of using a product that was defective, unreasonably dangerous, or improperly labeled, a product liability lawyer can help you pursue a claim against the product’s manufacturer, distributor, and anyone else in the product’s line of distribution.
At Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP we offer a no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation with an experienced Henderson product liability lawyer.
What is Product Liability?
Product liability is a legal practice area that deals with defective or unreasonably dangerous products. Companies that manufacture or sell products have a legal duty to ensure that those products are not defective and that they are safe for consumers to use. If a product that is defective or unreasonably dangerous injures a person, that person may be entitled to bring a product liability claim to recover compensation for their medical bills, pain and suffering, and much more.
Types of Product Defects
Product liability cases can arise from almost any type of consumer product. There are generally three ways in which a product can be defective:
- A design defect – a flaw in the way the product was designed that renders it dangerous to the user even when used as intended;
- A manufacturing defect – a defect in the way the product was put together. For example, a loose or missing screw that renders the product faulty and dangerous when used; and
- A warning defect – a failure to include sufficient facts about the dangers associated with a product’s use can render the manufacturer, distributor, or anyone else in the product’s line of distribution liable for any resulting harm.
The Elements of a Successful Henderson Product Liability Case
To succeed in a defective product liability case in Henderson, Nevada, you must typically prove the following 4 elements:
- You have suffered harm;
- The product was defective;
- The product’s defect caused the harm you have suffered; and
- You were using the product the way it was intended to be used when you were injured.
Just because a product was involved in an injury does not automatically mean there is a valid case against the manufacturer. A skilled product liability attorney can help you determine whether or not you have a valid case.
What to Do After Being Injured by a Defective Product in Henderson, NV
If you or someone you care about was injured by a defective product in Henderson, NV, we recommend you do the following immediately after:
- Save the product and do not alter or destroy it;
- Take pictures of the product, any injuries, and the accident scene;
- Save all paperwork that came with the product, such as instructions and operating manuals;
- If you were injured at work, report the accident to your employer;
- Get medical treatment immediately, and follow your doctor’s orders; and
- Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Henderson, NV to protect your rights and explore your legal options.
Looking to file a wrongful death claim, due to a defective product? Our wrongful death attorneys will provide you with support and guidance, and help you and your family obtain the most compensation possible for the death of your loved one.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Lawyer in Henderson, NV
If you or a loved one was injured by a defective product in Henderson, NV, it is important to hire an attorney with extensive experience, both in settling product liability claims and in litigating product liability cases in court, and who feels equally comfortable with either method of obtaining compensation on your behalf.
Our skilled Henderson personal injury lawyers have the knowledge, skills, and resources to succeed on your behalf. Contact Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP to schedule a free case evaluation. We charge no fee until and unless we recover compensation on your behalf.