Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a car accident, you need representation from an experienced accident attorney. Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP has the experience, understanding and resources to fight for justice on your behalf. Auto accidents may be relatively common on the busy streets of Las Vegas, but that doesn’t make your case any less important. We’ll make sure insurance companies treat you fairly during settlement negotiations or take your case to court if that’s what it takes for full recovery. Contact our Las Vegas car accident lawyer right away for a free case evaluation.
Our Case Results
Here are a few examples of the case results our injury attorneys at Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP were able to achieve for our clients:
- $36.5 Million – SHETH V. SCHNEIDER NATIONAL – Multi-vehicle Car Accident
- $27 Million – DOMINGUEZ V. SAN FRANCISCO – Motor Vehicle & Pedestrian Accident
- $21 Million – NELSEN V. HILLYARD, INC., ET AL. – Car Accident
- $20 Million – RIVAS V. J.B. HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES, INC. – Car Accident
Visit our case results hub to view more results we have achieved for our clients.
Meet Your Attorneys
One of the country’s leading trial attorneys, Brian Panish has obtained some of the most significant jury verdicts in United States history on behalf of plaintiffs. His courtroom victories include a $4.9 billion record verdict in the landmark products liability case Anderson v. General Motors, six verdicts in excess of $50 million, 32 verdicts and over 75 settlements in excess of $10 million in personal injury, wrongful death and business litigation cases.
Rahul Ravipudi is a partner at Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP and has spent his legal career handling catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases involving commercial vehicles, pedestrians, industrial or construction accidents, as well as dangerous conditions of public and private property. Licensed to practice in Nevada and California, Mr. Ravipudi serves as leadership counsel in some of the largest plaintiffs personal injury cases in the country.
Attorney Brian Panish discusses car accident cases and damages you can recover with the help of Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi.
Navigate This Page
- Financial Compensation You Can Recover After an Accident
- Why Should I Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
- Common Types of Car Accidents
- Laws and Statute of Limitations in Nevada
- No-Fault & Negligence Laws in Nevada
- Car Accidents Frequently Asked Questions
Financial Compensation You Can Recover After an Accident
You will have many things on your mind after a car accident in Las Vegas. The first is most likely your injuries. You will be spending time on getting medical treatment and recovering, and likely with a great deal of physical pain and emotional suffering. However, you will also have to contend with medical bills, phone calls from insurance claims adjusters, quotes from auto mechanics, missed work and lost wages. Although a successful personal injury lawsuit may not be able to reverse all the damages you suffered as a crash survivor, it could make moving forward easier with the compensation you need for stability and peace of mind.
- Hospital bills. If you require any physical or cognitive medical care after a car crash, the defendant may have to pay the bills. This includes the costs of surgeries, consultations, doctor’s visits, ambulance fees, medical accessories, permanent disabilities, and other medical expenses.
- Property repairs. The defendant will also have to pay for any property damage he or she is responsible for. This may include the costs to repair your damaged vehicle or replace a totaled car.
- Lost wages. This damage category refers to both past and future lost wages – the earnings you lost while taking time off from work to attend medical appointments, recovering from your injuries, as well as damages from your inability to perform your work or earn promotions due to your injuries or disabilities caused by an accident.
- Pain and suffering. You may be entitled to compensation for the physical pain, emotional anguish, distress, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, lost quality of life and loss of consortium.
Although uncommon in most cases, you could also qualify for a punitive damage award against the defendant. Punitive damages penalize a defendant for gross negligence or reckless actions, rather than purely to reimburse the victim. A judge in Las Vegas may award you punitive damages if the at-fault driver is guilty of drunk driving, excessive speeding, intentional harm or other wanton acts. Discuss the full value of your car accident claim with our Las Vegas car accident attorneys today. We can help you understand what your claim could be worth.
Why Should I Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
Time is of the essence in Las Vegas car accident claims. Waiting too long to talk to an attorney or pursue a personal injury claim could result in missing important deadlines, losing key evidence, and having less reliable eyewitness accounts. Your car accident case requires prompt legal action to be at its most powerful. Retaining a car accident attorney right away can help you start building a strong case right from the get-go.
Our Law Firm Has a History of Securing Record-setting Verdicts, a National Reputation for Excellence, and the Financial Resources to Conduct Thorough Investigations and Hire Trusted National Experts.
The Las Vegas personal injury lawyers at Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP can immediately get to work on your case, sending investigators to revisit the scene and gather evidence such as photographs and surveillance video footage. We can also interview eyewitnesses, gather relevant documents, and make sure other evidence from the collision is preserved. Preserving data such as cell phone records, black box information, and details of the accident scene shortly after the collision is crucial to the strength of your case. Waiting too long could mean the destruction of vital evidence needed to prove your case.
For example, say an overgrown shrub-covered up a stop sign in Las Vegas. You passed the sign without stopping and crashed into an oncoming vehicle. You didn’t talk to an attorney until three months after the accident, at which point the property owner had already cut down the shrub that was blocking your view. Now you’ve lost the opportunity to take photographs of the obstructing bush – losing a valuable piece of evidence in your claim. Hire an attorney as soon as possible after an automobile accident for your best chance at a successful claim.
Why Choose Panish| Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP
Our Las Vegas car accident lawyers know what it takes to win maximum compensation for our clients and aren’t afraid to take your case to trial. Our firm has decades of experience handling the most complex car accidents claims. We have earned a reputation for excellence around the nation.
After an automobile accident, you’ll have many parties trying to infringe upon your rights and stamp out your side of the story. The at-fault driver may deny accountability, while his/her insurance company insists on downplaying your injuries and offering unfair settlements as their “last and final offers.” Do not take any of these ploys seriously. As the victim, you have every right to confer with a Las Vegas car accident attorney before saying yes to a settlement. One legal consultation with us can help you understand the true value of your claim – an amount that’s likely much more than the insurer is currently offering.
Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP will stand in your corner from start to finish, supporting you and your cause. We aren’t afraid to negotiate with the largest insurance companies and demand fair compensation for your car accident injuries. Once we accept a case, we’re 100% committed. Whether you’re dealing with catastrophic injuries or the wrongful death of a family member after a Las Vegas auto accident, let our law firm help you with your financial recovery.
Most Common Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents in Las Vegas
Although we recognize that each accident is unique, we also know that some accident types happen more often than others. Recognizing the cause of common crashes can help Las Vegas drivers prevent collisions and learning frequent injury types can help car accident victims realize they aren’t alone. The type of collision often points to the cause of the accident. For example, tire blowouts often cause rollover accidents. Take a look at some of the most common collision types and their negligence-related causes. If you see your accident type on the list, contact us for legal advice.
- Trucking accidents. Collisions with commercial trucks can be devastating to the passengers of the smaller vehicles. Truck accidents can stem from a careless, drowsy, or distracted truck driver. Injuries are often catastrophic or fatal.
- Rear-end collisions. In busy Las Vegas traffic, rear-end collisions are common. Following too closely, intoxication and distracted driving are common causes of rear-end collisions. Even minor accidents can cause whiplash and other neck/back injuries which may not show symptoms until days later.
- Side-impact or T-bone collisions. One car crashing into another’s broadside can happen when the at-fault driver runs a red light, rolls through a stop sign, or fails to yield the right-of-way at an intersection or when making a left-hand turn. Injuries can include broken bones, head/brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries.
- Rollovers. High-speed T-bone accidents, tire blow-outs, or vehicle defects can cause a vehicle to roll over onto its side or flip. In a rollover accident, drivers and passengers may suffer crush injuries, broken bones, the loss of limbs, and even brain and spine damage.
Regardless of how the accident occurred, if you suffered serious injuries, you need a Las Vegas car accident lawyer on your side. Contact Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP today to hold a negligent driver accountable for their actions.
What is the Time Limit to File a Car Accident Claim in Las Vegas?
The most important statute in car crash claims is the state’s statute of limitations. In Nevada, injured accident victims generally have two years from the date of the crash to file personal injury claims. Missing this deadline almost always means losing your ability to seek compensation for your injuries, no matter how strong a case you have.
You need a detailed understanding of Nevada’s car accident and traffic laws to secure compensation for your case. Otherwise, you run the risk of missing critical deadlines or make other errors that risk your right to recovery.
Working with Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP’s Las Vegas car accident injury attorneys can grant you access to a wealth of knowledge and first-hand legal experience, so you don’t have to worry about navigating the law by yourself.
Is Nevada a No-Fault State When it Comes to Car Accidents?
In Nevada, parties may only recover compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. But don’t worry if an insurance adjuster has told you that you are at-fault for an accident. You may still be entitled to compensation. Not only can insurance companies make the wrong determination as to fault, but they also have an incentive to avoid paying out for injuries caused by their insureds.
The law in Nevada allows you to recover compensation even if you are partially at fault for an accident because of the state’s comparative negligence rule. We recommend you contact our Las Vegas firm for a free consultation and more information about your specific case.
Here’s What Our Clients Are Saying
Freeman v. Doe Realty Company
“Spencer and Brian were right there, encouraging me, supporting me, helping me to know the things I needed to know to make good decisions. They were solid rocks of confidence in telling me the advice that I needed to know to make a good decision, and that advice was good advice because it helped me to make the right decisions for Patrick.” – Mike Freeman
Michael Nelsen v. Hillyard, Inc.
“I knew I had found the right attorney for my son when I met Brian Panish at the hospital after Mike’s catastrophic accident and saw tremendous compassion and concern on Brian’s face. But I had no idea that Brian and Spencer Lucas would care so much and work so hard to get the life-changing settlement that has allowed Mike the best quality of life possible after his brain injury.” – Terry Nelsen
Martinez v. Wells Fargo Bank
“I always felt like the lawyers at Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP were fighting for ME — my health, my children, and my future. They worried more about me – and not about how much money they were going to make. I always knew they had my back. Deborah [Chang] made me feel like I was more of a friend than a client.” – Andrea Martinez
Frequently Asked Questions After an Auto Accident:
How Do I File a Police Report for an Accident in Las Vegas?
To file a car accident police report in Las Vegas, call 911 for injuries and report the incident to LVMPD at (702) 828-3111. Provide accurate details to the responding officer and exchange information with others involved. Take photos if it is safe to do so and gather witness contacts. Obtain the official report from LVMPD’s Records and Fingerprint Bureau and inform your insurance company promptly with the report number. Stay calm and consider legal consultation to maximize your chances of a favorable compensation.
How Long Do You Have to Report an Accident in Nevada?
In Nevada, it is required by law to report an accident to the police within 10 days if the accident resulted in injury or death of any person or if it caused property damage exceeding $750. To comply with these regulations, you must report the accident within 10 days from the date of the incident. Failure to do so may lead to penalties and potential legal consequences. However, it is recommended to report the accident as soon as possible to ensure timely and accurate documentation of the incident.
Why Was My Insurance Claim Denied After an Accident in Las Vegas?
Your insurance claim could be denied after an accident in Nevada due to reasons such as policy exclusions, failure to report timely, lack of coverage, insufficient evidence, pre-existing conditions, policy lapses, fraud or misrepresentation, and disputes related to uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. To minimize the risk of denial, it’s essential to understand your insurance policy, report the accident promptly, provide adequate documentation, and cooperate fully during the claims process. If your claim is denied, you have the right to appeal or seek legal assistance to review your options.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Las Vegas
Taking the right steps after a car wreck is key if you wish to obtain the full value of your claim. Many claimants do not realize how easy it is to reduce their chances of winning fair compensatory awards from insurance companies. Insurance carriers will try to minimize payouts in any way possible – including using your lack of knowledge about the car insurance process against you.
Remember, the insurance company has an incentive to pay you as little as possible.
Taking a few important steps after an auto accident can help protect your claim to compensation.
- Pull over and check yourself for injuries: Safely pull over to the side of the road once you get the chance and if you are able to. Check yourself for any injuries right away and either call 911 or have someone call them for you. If you are seriously injured try not to move at all and wait for emergency personnel to help you.
- If it is safe to exit your vehicle, do so and ask if anyone else has any injuries: If you are not seriously injured and are able to exit your vehicle, do so and check on the other people involved in the accident. If anyone is injured you or someone else needs to call 911 to get an ambulance to the scene.
- Call 911 so that an officer can arrive and prepare a police report: Even if no ambulance is required, call the police so that someone could prepare a police report. This helps you out tremendously with the next steps after your accident and will be an accurate documentation of the incident.
- Do not admit fault for the car accident: Whatever you do, do not admit fault for the accident to the other persons involved or to the police officers that arrive on the scene. This may work against you later on when claiming compensation for the damages you received in the accident.
- Give the other driver your information and get his or hers as well: Exchange insurance information with the other drivers involved to be used later when you file a claim.
- Take photographs and videos of the wreck: If you are able to, document the car accident by taking photographs and videos. Document as much as you can, this will be incredibly helpful after the fact because things might be missed or forgotten in the future and having picture and video proof eliminates that.
- Go to the hospital for medical care immediately: If you are in need of medical care, or if you are injured in any way, you should go to the hospital immediately. Even if you don’t feel like it is necessary, it would still be helpful to get checked. The adrenalin rush we get from a car accident might mask the pain or severity of an injury for some time, so it’s incredibly important to get checked by a medical professional.
- Keep copies of all documents and reports related to your accident and injuries: The more documentation you have surrounding your accident, the better your chances are for a fair compensation. So keep all your documents and reports organized in one place and easy to get to.
- Contact a Las Vegas car accident lawyer: Make sure a car insurance company takes your claim seriously by hiring an attorney. A car accident lawyer in Las Vegas can handle insurance claim negotiations for you. A lawyer can take over conversations with claims adjusters on your behalf, ensuring no one takes advantage of you or infringes upon your rights. The attorneys at Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP can fight for maximum compensation after a car accident through all means possible, including taking your case to court, if necessary. We can take you through all the steps toward a positive resolution.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation With Our Auto Accident Attorneys
Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP is the reputable, experienced, and results-driven law firm you’ve been seeking to handle your Las Vegas car accident claim. We have a long history of successful case outcomes, securing billions of dollars for clients around the country. We take a personalized approach to each client that comes to us for assistance, working closely with them to identify their unique goals for the claim. You’ll notice our honest compassion and commitment to your case from the very start.
All initial legal consultations at Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP are complimentary and come at no obligation to retain our law firm for your motor vehicle accident case. We simply want to offer our words of wisdom and advice for how we believe you should move forward.
We’ll listen to your story, let you know if you have grounds for a claim, and walk you through the filing process. You’ll find everything you need from a law firm and more at Panish | Shea | Ravipudi LLP. Contact us online or call (702) 560-5520 today to schedule your free consultation in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Areas We Serve in Nevada
Including but not limited to:
Henderson | North Las Vegas | Boulder City | Summerlin | Paradise | Spring Valley | Sunrise Manor | Enterprise | Winchester | Pahrump | Laughlin | Primm | Moapa Valley | Goodsprings | Blue Diamond | Indian Springs | Sandy Valley | Searchlight | Mount Charleston | Overton | Cal-Nev-Ari | Nelson | Centennial Hills | Green Valley | Downtown Las Vegas | The Strip | Rhodes Ranch | Southern Highlands | Canyon Gate | Sun City Summerlin | Anthem | Desert Shores