David Rudorfer is a trial lawyer at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP who represents individuals in personal injury and wrongful death cases. He has extensive experience handling serious injury cases involving traumatic brain injuries, spine injuries, nerve injuries, paralysis injuries, and amputations as well as any injuries leading to death. He also has experience with injury or wrongful death cases involving commercial vehicle collisions, sex abuse, drownings, explosions, power lines, premises liability, and workplace incidents.
In 2022, Mr. Rudorfer served as lead trial counsel in the case of Jane Doe v. Pasadena Unified School District, resulting in a $26 million verdict for a little girl who was sexually abused due to negligent supervision by a school district. His skills as a trial attorney have been recognized by his peers and honored with nominations for “Trial Lawyer of the Year” by the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles in 2018 and 2022 and named to the list of Top 5 Trial Lawyer of the Year Finalists in 2022.
Some of Mr. Rudorfer’s Results
Over the course of his career, Mr. Rudorfer has recovered over $500 million for his clients, resolving over 100 cases with seven-figures results, and over 12 cases with eight-figure results, including but not limited to:
- $39,500,000 settlement for a family devastated by a vehicle collision that caused the death of two adult sons in front of their mother and sister.
- $27,100,000 settlement or a man who suffered a below the knee leg amputation as a result of a big rig collision with a disputed motor carrier sub haul.
- $26,000,000 verdict for a special needs minor who was sexually assaulted by other special needs students due to negligent supervision.
- $24,300,000 for an adult who suffered partial paralysis from rear-end collision in a disputed going-and-coming required vehicle exception to course and scope.
- $20,000,000 settlement for two families who each lost their beloved 20-year-old sons as a result of a negligent commercial vehicle driver.
- $19,150,000 settlement for a family who lost a mother and grandmother when a big rig truck caused a high-speed freeway collision.
- $19,100,000 settlement involving a man who became a quadriplegic due to a public utility company’s negligence violating power line clearance requirements.
- $15,000,000 settlement for a school employer who suffer a traumatic brain injury and burns from an electrical arc flash explosion.
- $10,500,000 settlement for the parents of a motorcyclist who was killed by the negligent driving of a well-known television celebrity.
- $10,500,000 verdict for causing a wrongful death of a father based on a disputed medical emergency.
- $10,200,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a wife/mother caused by an employee who had a seizure while driving on business where the employer had knowledge of the employee’s medical condition.
- $10,000,000 settlement for an employee of a subcontractor severely burned due to the negligence of the general contractor.
- $9,800,000 settlement for a woman who suffered from CRPS as a result of a hotel’s premises liability.
- $8,000,000 settlement for a woman injured by a negligently set up table that collapsed on her foot.
- $8,000,000 settlement for a proposition 213 plaintiff who suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of a commercial vehicle collision.
- $6,300,000 verdict with a total recovery amounting to $7,800,000 for the family of an elderly man struck and killed by a vehicle at the Whittier Uptown Farmers Market.
Mr. Rudorfer is an active member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, the Consumer Attorneys of California, and the Los Angeles County Bar Association. He is a member of the State Bar of California and received his juris doctorate from Loyola Law School following graduation from UCLA summa cum laude with a double major.