Sacramento Wrongful Death LawyerRequest Free Consultation
If you have lost somebody that you love and care about due to the negligent actions of another individual, company, or entity, we understand how difficult this time is for you. At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi, our team is here to help if you need a Sacramento wrongful death attorney by your side. We have extensive experience handling complex claims like this, and our compassionate attorneys want to make sure that you are on the right path towards recovering compensation and closure.
Why Work With Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi?
- At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi, we understand that family members need assistance from a compassionate team during this trying time, and we are here to help.
- We regularly take on individuals, entities, and companies who cause harm to others, and we have no problem taking a wrongful death case all the way to trial.
- Our team handles wrongful death claims in Sacramento on a contingency fee basis, which means clients will not pay any legal fees until we recover the compensation they need.
File Your Claim as Soon as Possible – There is a Time Limit
It is important for family members to understand that these claims must be filed as soon as possible. Under CCP Section 377.60, we see that the wrongful death statute of limitations in California is two years from the date of death. There are various exceptions to this two-year time frame, but we strongly encourage you to reach out to an attorney to discuss these exceptions. Any person who fails to file a wrongful death claim within the required amount of time will likely lose the ability to recover any compensation for the loss of their loved one.
Additionally, insurance carriers involved in these cases typically have much stricter deadlines in place, often within a few days after the incident occurs. Work with your attorney to ensure that all deadlines for filing claims are met.
Wrongful Death Compensation for Family Members
There may be various types of compensation available to family members, including economic and non-economic losses.
Economic losses related to a wrongful death revolve around measurable expenses, often those that can be calculated using bills or receipts from past expenses. Some of the most common economic losses include:
- The loss of income the decedent would have provided to their family members if they had survived
- The loss of any inheritance or gifts to family members could have expected to receive from the decedent during their lifetime
- The value of household services the decedent would have provided throughout their lifetime
- Funeral and burial expenses
Non-economic losses revolve around more immeasurable expenses individual family members are likely to experience. This includes the loss of the deceased’s companionship, care, comfort, protection, and moral support. This can also include a loss of consortium for a spouse or partner, which revolves around the loss of intimacy they have last with the deceased.
Contact a Sacramento Wrongful Death Attorney Today
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another in the Sacramento area, turn to the team at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi for help immediately. We want to make sure that your claim is filed on time and that you have an advocate by your side looking out for your family. We want to assist you in working to recover compensation and closure for your tremendous loss. When you need a Sacramento wrongful death attorney, you can contact us by filling out our contact form or calling (310) 477-1700.