San Diego Uber & Lyft Accident AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are a ubiquitous sight in and around the San Diego area. Most people do not think twice about pressing a button on an app and summoning a vehicle to pick them up. However, what happens if you are injured in an accident caused by a rideshare vehicle? At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, we are here to help if you need a San Diego Uber and Lyft accident attorney. We have extensive experience handling complex vehicle accident claims throughout California, and we want to help victims recover compensation after these incidents.
Why Choose Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP for Help With This Case?
- At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, we completely commit to our clients and their cause when we accept their cases. We take the steps necessary to ensure they recover the compensation they need.
- We treat every client with the compassion, personal attention, and support that they need during a financially and emotionally challenging time.
- Our attorneys have continually been ranked by national publications with high honors, including recognition from U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® as a “Tier 1” Firm in the areas of Plaintiffs Personal Injury Litigation.
- We regularly obtain significant multimillion-dollar settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of clients.
Uber & Lyft Accidents in San Diego Can Result in Severe Injuries
Accidents involving Uber and Lyft vehicles often result in severe injuries for those involved. This includes those riding inside the rideshare vehicle as well as the drivers and passengers in other vehicles that these incidents can affect. Additionally, a rideshare crash can also impact motorcyclists, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, our attorneys have extensive experience helping clients who sustain a range of injuries as a result of rideshare vehicle accidents. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe sprains or strains
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Other severe back or neck injury
- Internal bleeding or internal organ damage
- Crush injuries
We also recognize that rideshare accident victims in San Diego can suffer from a wide range of emotional and psychological injuries as a result of a crash. This can include long-lasting feelings of anxiety, fear, stress, and depression. That is why we work diligently to recover compensation for our clients’ visible traumatic injuries as well as their unseen emotional and psychological traumas.
Rideshare Insurance Complications
Securing compensation in the aftermath of an Uber or Lyft accident in San Diego can be challenging, particularly when working through the intricacies of the insurance issues involved. If a rideshare driver causes a crash, insurance coverage depends entirely on their “status” at the time the incident occurs:
- If a rideshare driver is not signed into their app to work when they cause a crash, then their personal insurance carrier will be responsible for paying compensation to any injury victims in the case.
- If a rideshare driver is signed into the app to work but does not have a passenger and is not on the way to pick a passenger up, their personal insurance carrier will still primarily be responsible for covering compensation. However, both Uber and Lyft have supplemental policies that will kick in if the personal carrier denies the claim or if the insurance limits are met.
- If a rideshare driver is signed into the app to work and has a passenger, or is on the way to pick a passenger up, then both Uber and Lyft have $1 million liability insurance policies that are supposed to kick in to cover every party involved.
How Will an Attorney Help an Uber & Lyft Accident Case in San Diego?
Uber and Lyft accident cases can become incredibly challenging, particularly when a victim is trying to stand up to insurance carriers, rideshare companies, and legal teams. A skilled Uber and Lyft accident lawyer will be able to use their resources to handle every aspect of these claims.
A San Diego personal injury attorney will be able to gather all of the evidence stated to prove liability, including rideshare app data, vehicle “black box” data, statements from eyewitnesses, video or photo surveillance of the incident, and more. Additionally, an attorney will ensure that their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can treat their injuries and help properly calculate their losses.
Time Frame to File an Uber & Lyft Accident Claim
There are various deadlines that Uber and Lyft accident victims need to be aware of. First, insurance companies have very strict reporting deadlines for these cases. Failing to report an accident to the insurance carriers within a day or two after the rideshare accident occurs could result in the claim being delayed or denied.
Additionally, if a personal injury lawsuit becomes necessary, the case must be filed within two years from the date the crash occurs, per the California personal injury statute of limitations. Failing to file a claim within this two-year timeframe will likely result in the victim being unable to recover compensation for their losses.
How Much Do Uber or Lyft Accident Attorney Charge in San Diego?
The attorneys at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP take San Diego Uber and Lyft accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not have to pay any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they need. If we do not win the case, our clients will not have to pay anything at all.
Contact a San Diego Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a car accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle in the San Diego area, reach out to the team at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP for help today. We have extensive experience handling complex vehicle accident claims throughout California, and we also understand the insurance requirements of these rideshare services. Let us get to work investigating your claim so we can help secure the compensation you need. When you need a San Diego Uber and Lyft accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here to fill out our contact form or calling us at (310) 477-1700.