Temecula Spinal Cord Injury AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Spinal cord trauma is amongst the most devastating types of injury that a person can sustain. Damage to the spinal cord can lead to long-lasting disabilities that prevent a person from leading a regular life. At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, our team is here to help if you need a Temecula spinal cord injury attorney by your side. If the careless or negligent actions of someone else have caused your injury, we will work diligently to investigate what happened so we can recover financial compensation on your behalf. Let us help make sure that you are properly cared for during this difficult time.
Why Choose Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP for Help?
- Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP was created in 2005 by lawyers with extensive track records of litigation in complex personal injury claims.
- Our attorneys have secured more than $10 billion in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients over the years.
- We have been ranked by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® as a “Tier 1” Firm in the areas of Plaintiffs Personal Injury Litigation.
- We provide a client-focused approach to every case that we take, which means that we leave no stone unturned on behalf of injury victims.
What Will an Attorney Do for a Spinal Cord Injury Case?
Spinal cord injury cases must be taken seriously. This sheer nature of these injuries and the amount of compensation it takes to make a person “whole” usually means that at-fault parties and their insurance carriers will put up a fight when it comes to paying out compensation. A Temecula spinal cord injury lawyer will:
- Gather all of the evidence needed to prove liability for the claim
- Ensure their client is evaluated by trusted spinal cord injury experts
- Work with economic and financial professionals who can help calculate total expected losses
- Vigorously negotiate with insurance carriers and at-fault parties to recover full compensation
- Fully prepare to take the case to trial if necessary
How Do Spinal Cord Injuries Occur in Temecula?
If we look at the latest data provided by the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC), we can see that nearly 18,000 new spinal cord injury claims arise each year across this country. Since 2015, we can see that the following types of incidents are the most common causes of spinal cord injuries that occur across the country:
- Vehicle accidents – 38.2%
- Fall incidents – 32.3%
- Acts of violence – 14.3%
- Sports injuries – 7.8%
- Medical or surgical mistakes – 4.1%
- Other causes – 3.3%
Types of Compensation Recoverable After a Temecula Spinal Cord Injury
The Temecula spinal cord injury lawyers at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP have a track record of success recovering compensation on behalf of catastrophic injury victims. Spinal cord injuries often result in the need for long-term or even lifelong care for victims. We keep this in mind when working to recover economic and non-economic expenses, such as the following:
- Complete coverage of hospital and doctor’s bills
- Compensation for physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Coverage of any home or vehicle modifications needed to aid mobility
- Medical device or prescription medication costs
- General household out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost income (past, current, future)
- Loss of quality of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
According to the NSCISC, we can see that the first year of medical care alone can cost anywhere from around $380,000 to more than $1.1 million. Every subsequent year of medical care can range from around $46,000 to more than $200,000.
This is only the medical costs.
The other expenses, including lost wages, home and vehicle modifications, and travel to and from medical specialists, can add hundreds of thousands of dollars to a family’s expenses.
Importantly, we cannot forget just how devastating a spinal cord injury can be on a person’s emotional and psychological well-being, as well as the livelihood of an entire family. A spinal cord injury often represents a complete change in lifestyle, and this can be devastating for a person who has been active their entire life.
What if There Is Partial Fault for a Spinal Cord Injury?
Even if a spinal cord injury victim is partially responsible for causing their own injury, they should still be able to recover compensation for their losses. California operates under a “pure comparative negligence” system. This means that injury victims can still recover compensation even if they are up to 99% responsible for causing their own injury.
A spinal cord injury victim will receive reduced compensation if they are found to be partially responsible for causing their injury. For example, if it is determined that a spinal cord injury victim sustained $1 million in damages, but discovered that they were 30% responsible for causing their injury, then they would receive $700,000 instead of the full amount.
Can You Afford a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Temecula?
At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, we take Temecula spinal cord injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients and their families will not be responsible for paying any upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their case. We will not collect any legal fees until after we recover the compensation our clients deserve. Additionally, our clients will not pay us a dime if we do not win their case.
Contact a Temecula Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you love has sustained a spinal cord injury caused by the negligent or intentional actions of someone else, let the team at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP help you with your claim today. We have an incredible track record of success when it comes to helping clients recover compensation after a major injury. Let us investigate your claim, negotiate with aggressive insurance carriers, and secure maximum compensation on your behalf. When you need a Temecula spinal cord injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here to fill out our contact form or calling us at (310) 477-1700.