Temecula Wrongful Death LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Nobody should ever have to experience losing a loved one due to the careless or negligent actions of someone else. Unfortunately, wrongful death incidents are not uncommon in Temecula and the surrounding areas. At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, our team is standing by to help when you need a Temecula wrongful death attorney. We understand how challenging this can be for family members. Our compassionate team wants to make sure that you are treated fairly throughout this process and that you recover the closure and compensation you need.
Why You Should Choose PSBR for a Wrongful Death Claim in Temecula
- At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, when we accept the case, we commit to you and your family, and we take the steps necessary to ensure that you recover the compensation you deserve.
- We treat families who have lost loved ones with the integrity, compassion, personal attention, and support they need during this emotionally and financially challenging time.
- We set a limit on the number of cases that we take at this law firm because we want to make sure that we can focus the time and resources necessary to achieve the best possible results for your case.
The Difference in Using an Attorney Help You With a Wrongful Death Claim
Wrongful death cases are very difficult for families to handle on their own without legal assistance. The reality is that at-fault parties and insurance carriers are not going to want to pay out compensation in these situations. However, when a wrongful death attorney in Temecula gets involved with your case, they will be able to:
- Fully investigate the cause of death and help determine liability for the incident
- Work with trusted economic and financial experts who can help calculate a family’s total losses
- Handle all negotiations with insurance carriers and at-fault parties throughout the entire case
- Fully prepare to take the case to trial to ensure that the grieving family is treated fairly
What Are The Most Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases?
The law in California allows surviving family members or the estate of a deceased person to file a lawsuit to recover damages if a person dies as a result of the wrongful act of another individual, business, or entity (California’s Code of Civil Procedure 377.60). This can include any negligent, careless, or intentional action that leads to a fatality.
At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, we know that wrongful death claims can arise in a wide variety of ways. Our team has helped family members in the Temecula area recover compensation after losing a loved one due to the following:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Airplane or helicopter accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian or bicycle accidents
- Faulty product incidents
- Premises liability incidents
- Workplace or construction accidents
- Medical mistakes
This is certainly not an exhaustive list of the types of wrongful death claims that we help clients with in the Temecula area. We strongly encourage family members to reach out to our attorneys as soon as possible so we can help you determine the best steps moving forward for your situation.
Understanding the Compensation Available in These Cases
There may be various types of compensation available to family members and the estate of the deceased in these cases. Our attorneys fully understand that no amount of money will erase the loss of a loved one. However, a settlement or jury verdict can help families gain some closure and compensation that can help take care of financial setbacks caused by the death.
We work to recover both economic and non-economic damages resulting from a wrongful death. This includes the following:
- Economic damages. In a Temecula wrongful death case, the following types of economic damages may be recoverable for family members and the heirs of the deceased:
- All financial support the deceased would have provided in their lifetime
- The loss of any benefits or gifts the heirs would have received from the deceased
- The value of any household services the deceased would have provided (meal preparation, repairs, cleaning, etc.)
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Non-economic damages. These are types of losses that are more immeasurable than the damages listed above, but they are certainly real to the family members. We work to recover compensation for the loss of the deceased’s:
- Moral support
- Guidance and training
- Sexual relations
Time Limit to File a Wrongful Death Claim in Temecula
Wrongful death claims in California must be filed within two years from the date of death, per the wrongful death statute of limitations. If family members or the heirs of the deceased do not file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party within this two-year timeframe, they will likely lose the ability to recover the compensation they are entitled to.
California law also specifies that these claims must be filed by:
- The spouse or domestic partner of the deceased
- Surviving children of the deceased
- Grandchildren of the deceased, if the grandchildren’s parents are not living
If there is no surviving person in the line of descent, a wrongful death claim can be filed by any person “who would be entitled to the property of the decedent by intestate succession.”
Affording a Temecula Wrongful Termination Attorney
At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP, our Temecula personal injury lawyers understand that individuals who have lost a loved one in these situations are often placed into precarious financial situations. That is why we take wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not have to pay any costs while their case is ongoing. We will not collect any legal fees until after we recover the compensation that our clients are entitled to. If we do not win, our clients will not pay.
Contact a Temecula Wrongful Death Attorney Today
If you have lost somebody that you love as a result of the careless or negligent actions of another individual, business, or entity in the Temecula area, the team at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP is standing by to help you today. We have extensive experience handling complex wrongful death claims throughout the state of California, and we have the resources necessary to fully investigate what happened. We are not afraid to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers or at-fault parties to help ensure the families recover the compensation they are entitled to. When you need a Temecula wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here to fill out our contact form or calling us at (310) 477-1700.