Camp Fire Lawsuits
The Camp Fire in Butte County has quickly escalated into the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in California history. As the fire remains minimally contained, it may have the potential to further devastate the region.
The compassionate lawyers of Panish Shea Boyle & Ravipudi LLP are paying close attention to this Northern California wildfire. We are committed to providing help to victims of the Camp Fire, assisting in any way we can to help secure compensation for your devastating losses. If you or a loved one were impacted by the Camp Fire, please contact us immediately to discuss your options for financial recovery.
Why Choose Panish Shea Boyle & Ravipudi LLP?
- We have decades of experience securing significant compensation for clients who have suffered losses due to negligence or misconduct of others.
- We’ve recovered more than $10 billion for our clients with a 99% success rate. This includes some of the largest personal injury verdicts and settlements in U.S. history.
- We have extensive experience advocating for victims of California wildfires and serve in leadership roles in litigation against utility companies, representing victims of the 2017 North Bay Fires in Napa and Sonoma counties as well as the Thomas Fire in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties.
- We offer our services on a contingency fee basis – there are no upfront costs, and you do not pay any legal fee unless we win your case.
We understand that this is an incredibly trying time for you and your family, and we want to help you recover from your losses in any way we can.
An Experienced Attorney Can Secure Compensation for your Camp Fire Losses
A wildfire as large and destructive as the Camp Fire can come with a considerable amount of stress and chaos, financially and emotionally. A skilled, wildfire lawyer such as those at Panish Shea Boyle & Ravipudi LLP can ease some of these burdens in numerous ways.
- We can contact your homeowners or auto insurance providers on your behalf to begin the claims process and negotiate a settlement that is fair for you.
- We can take care of filing any intricate, complicated paperwork from insurance companies and other organizations, while you can focus on healing and recovering with your family.
- Our wildfire lawyers have the resources to properly investigate any potential causes for the wildfire. If another party’s negligent actions led to the wildfire, we can help you pursue the maximum possible compensation in a third-party claim.
At Panish Shea Boyle & Ravipudi LLP, we believe that we have a right to give assistance to any and all families affected by such tragic events. Contact us today and find out how we can help.
The Impact of the Camp Fire
The Camp Fire is now the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in the state’s history. To date, it has:
- Burned more than 135,000 acres
- Killed at least 48 people, and over 100 hundred remain missing
- Destroyed approximately 7,800 homes and structures, with 15,500 still threatened
- Injured 3 people, including firefighters
- Displaced an estimated 52,000 people from their homes
No one has arguably been impacted more by the Camp Fire than the town of Paradise in Butte County. Within the first day of the fire, the city was essentially completely destroyed, losing about 90% of its buildings, including five public schools and a bridge.
Initial Reports Imply PG&E May Have Contributed to the Camp Fire
Formal investigations are still underway to determine the cause of the fire, but initial reports seem to indicate that equipment owned by Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) and high winds may have sparked the Camp Fire. Although this in itself may not denote negligence, it was also reported that PG&E was planning on shutting down power to the impacted portions of Butte County – but declined to do so.
PG&E has already faced intense scrutiny for its contribution to other fires in the region, including 12 of the North Bay Fires – the most destructive fires in California before the Camp Fire. If it is found that PG&E’s negligent actions led to the Camp Fire, contact Panish Shea Boyle & Ravipudi LLP immediately. We can help you pursue PG&E and any other negligent parties for the maximum compensation possible.